insert fireplace Manufacturer isn't in business and we need help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janel

Hearth Supporter
Jul 13, 2009
midwest
Thunder hit our home and knock out our fireplace blower. We don't have a masonary fireplace,but one that is selfcontained and was built around with wood. It looks like a regular fireplace. It's encased with iron (or something) that gives us very good heat. I notice that it is called " "zero clearance" in the manual. We can't get to the blower, nor can anyone else. So it many need to be replaced. There isn't enough room for a standing stove. We need the same kind of unit.
My questions are: 1. What do I call the type of insert we have? 2. What options do we have?
Who carries them with a good EPA rating? Thanks Janel

Janel said:
Thunder hit our home and knock out our fireplace blower. We don't have a masonary fireplace,but one that is selfcontained and was built around with wood. It looks like a regular fireplace. It's encased with iron (or something) that gives us very good heat. I notice that it is called " "zero clearance" in the manual. We can't get to the blower, nor can anyone else. So it many need to be replaced. There isn't enough room for a standing stove. We need the same kind of unit.
My questions are: 1. What do I call the type of insert we have? 2. What options do we have?
Who carries them with a good EPA rating? Thanks Janel

Something makes me think it might have been the LIGHTNING - not the THUNDER - but anyway...
What brand is it? You say you have the manual, give us a hint.
Can you post a pic so we can see what you're dealing with?
There are a number of after-market parts dealers out there that may have a blower kit for your unit
- DEPENDING on how old it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.