Insert for metal pre fab fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John_S

Sep 29, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Hello,

We recently moved into a home that has one of those pre fab metal fireplaces. I wanted to install a wood burning insert but have been told that you can not install an insert into such a fireplace. Is this correct? Are there inserts that can be installed? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

John_S said:
Hello,

We recently moved into a home that has one of those pre fab metal fireplaces. I wanted to install a wood burning insert but have been told that you can not install an insert into such a fireplace. Is this correct? Are there inserts that can be installed? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

I was in the same delimma. Decided to completely rip out the chimney and fireplace and redo the entire thing, yes it was costly, but I strongly believe in doing it right the first time.

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i11/nccgreg/Isle Royale Quadra Fire/

click on the link, I have some pics.

Thank you all for all of the info, I appreciate it. We currently have the Marco Classic 36" Fireplace. I'll take all of the info on the fireplace and measurements to a dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.