Insert not burning/ back half.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainstation

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2009
N.Ont.
I have noticed recently that my Regency R14 insert appears to be burning the embers slower at the back of the unit than at the front. Visually the flames appear more active at the front as well, dancing slower at the back of the insert. I have the chimney swept last month. The wood is seasoned hardwood mix, the same wood I have been burning all winter. Is there anything else I should check or be concerned about?
I am going to run a trouble light down the chimney this weekend and take a look.

I have never seen a stove that didn't burn more actively at the front. The air has less distance to travel to get to the wood since it enters the stove from the front. Not to mention the wood in the front blocking it.

You've got a clean chimney, it's going to burn better.

When I pack mine, I can always count on decent "start 'er up" coals in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.