insert option

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the main requirement? What size insert are you considering? Have you thought about a rear-venting, hearth-mounted stove from Jotul, Woodstock, Quadrafire, or some Lopis?

Is that the main requirement? What size insert are you considering? Have you thought about a rear-venting, hearth-mounted stove from Jotul, Woodstock, Quadrafire, or some Lopis?
We want to have an insert because we don't want to take up any more space for the room. We are looking for a stove to hear around 1,800 - 2,000 sqft. We would also like to be able to place a small pot of water on it. I didn't see too many inserts that would allow water boiling.

100_1815.JPG
Something like this?
This is my Appalachian 52 I hope the newer 52 Bay is of the same design, I'm going to replace this one in the next year or so.

We want to have an insert because we don't want to take up any more space for the room. We are looking for a stove to hear around 1,800 - 2,000 sqft. We would also like to be able to place a small pot of water on it. I didn't see too many inserts that would allow water boiling.

That sound like you will need a stove with a firebox ~3 cu ft. From the top of my head I would suggest Pacific Energy Summit, Osburn 2400, and the Lopi Freedom. They should all protrude enough to allow a little pot on the front. I also vaguely remember that the Osburn could be pulled out further if desired.

image.jpg Here is a pic of a Lopi Olympic which we just put in buddy's house.

Reactions: tsquini
Status
Not open for further replies.