Insert Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

larrynels50

Nov 17, 2010
central NY
We have a pioneer bay insert - it keeps shutting down & showing a fault, but we're never there to see what happens. Usually resets & starts ok. Stove store tech said change the board - I did but problem still there..... Help

What is the fault showing on the board? Usually flashes a light or something.

It's a good idea to post the stove model in the topic title. This helps people watching for models there familar with.

larrynels50 said:
We have a pioneer bay insert - it keeps shutting down & showing a fault, but we're never there to see what happens. Usually resets & starts ok. Stove store tech said change the board - I did but problem still there..... Help

How old is the stove? Did you buy it new? When was the last FULL cleaning of the entire stove & exhaust pipe? What brand pellets?

Stove is a Pioneer Bay insert - bought in 2004(???) - came with house - used Dry Creek & another - tech from store just serviced it & reccomended board replacment - all lights flash

Is there a damper on it? I had problems with my Yankee Bay at the beginning of the season.

Turned out it was throwing a "low airflow" code.

I pulled my damper out to 1 and have been great ever since.

Doesn't seem to have a "code" - just flashing - is that the damper on the air intake?? - might be an issue since it also soots the glass a lot??? I'm at wits end & don't want to just start replacing parts.

When, how, and what did you last clean in the stove and how many bags of pellets have you used since then?

The damper is in the air intake path if there is one for the stove.

I'm not farmiliar with that insert. But if it has a damper on the left side, I would pull it out some for greater combustion air flow. See if that helps with the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.