Insert - Quadra 1200, Lopi Yankee, Breckwell 2000?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djm3801

Hearth Supporter
Jan 20, 2009
Eastern PA
For my kid - narrowed it down to the Quadrafire classic bay 1200i, Lopi Yankee bay, and the Breckwell P2000i. With the nickle finish and surround, I think they all come in for $3,000. Hear the Quadra is made in China but also hear good things about it. Know little about Lopi. I have a Breckwell 24 freestanding for over 10 years but this is 2009 and not 1997 when I got mine and it is an insert. Was looling Napoleon but no ashpan and they are a nice to have.

Reviews on these are all decent. Leaning toward that quadra as I hear these require less hands on, although they all require some, and people say they clean the window once a week - my P24 needs daily window cleaning but never needed service. Opinions very much appreciated.

Thanks for the expertise here.

I had an Astoria Bay, same exact innards as the Yankee, just different outside a little. While I have sold my Astoria, is wasn't because of any problems w/ the stove. They are well made (in USA), well designed, and Travis has a good reputation for quality and engineering.

In the year I had the stove (bought it as a dealer showroom demo model from '05), I had NO problems at all.....none. I ran 4.5 tons of NEWP hardwood and Lignetics hardwood and softwood through it, kept it clean, and it just kept burning and giving great heat. Easy to clean, easy to use controls.

I even bought spare parts (ignitor and auger motor) just in case....never needed them. Based on my experience, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Lopi (or Avalon) insert.

Here's a "tour" that Craig Issod made through the Travis plant in Oregon:

www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/visits_main/a_visit_to_travis/?id=93_0_1_0_M7

Old CB radio expression. Just wanted to get the post back to the top og the queue. Read all ratings, think it is a coin toss between the 3 I am looking at.

Quadra - made in China
Breckwell- made ??

Avalon - made in USA

Thanks! Was out to local dealers today.
Yes. not nuts about sending money to china but I am also looking for price / performance.

Got a $3268 deal on Yankee (10% off) with brushed chrome door.
For Quadra, got $2860 after $250 savings AND teh dealer tosses in a free ton of pellets. $400 price difference plus $275 of pellets. Hard to turn my nose up at that. Only big difference I se is that the Yankee ash drawer covers the whole bottom and catches fly ash. The Quadra does not - it is located under the fire pot. . I am guessing either stove needs to be vacuumed lightly every week anyhow. I like the Yankee but do not see the extra performance for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.