Insert Question - Looking for the right "fit".

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottgen20

Feb 15, 2006
Lower Saucon, PA
Hi All,

I am looking for some advice on an insert for my somewhat odd firebox size.

I have a fireplace with dimensions which make it difficult for me to find an insert/stove that will fit properly.

Just some background.. The fireplace is constructed of fieldstone.. At some point (I believe the 70's), the fieldstone facing into the room was covered with manufactured stone. This "build out" of the original fireplace has left me with a rather large lintel - 16" wide.

I currently have a Jotul F100 installed in the fireplace opening and is vented through the rear outlet. The F100 was one of the only freestanding stoves that would fit the opening. (The fireplace opening is 23.5" H x 28.5" W x 33" D)

While the Jotul is doing a good job, the tiny firebox is killing me. It requires regular attention and it only fits 16" logs.

The height and width dimensions arent a problem - it's the size of the lintel...

Does anyone have an suggestions on an insert that might fit? I'd also be fine with a larger freestanding stove, but it would need to fit the height/width dimensions of the fireplace.. I don't have the space to mount it outside of the fireplace...

Thanks in advance!
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.