Insert sitting in living room, where to start?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevie73

Nov 27, 2009
Fleetwood, NY
www.myspace.com
Ok guys we finally got the breckwell insert p23. A friend is going to install it later in the week but I wanted to know if I could get started on it? I mean I love putting things together but it looks overwhelming to me. I want to fire up this sucker! lol So the questions I have are.
It says we need a millivolt thermostat. What is the best wall mounted thermostat to buy?
The control panel looks confusing, how easy was it to set up?
We have the surround and stuff, but how does that connect to the insert..does it slide on or does it just hold in place once the insert is shoved into the fireplace?
The hopper came with insulation in it, what is this for?
It also came with a L-shaped piece, what is this for?
Im sorry if Im jumping the gun if these questions are already answered in the manual but Im just curious. How easy was it to install your inserts and what was basics you needed to know?
Thank you again and have a happy and warm pellet/wood weekend!

Seleus

I'll let you read the manual for most of these questions. As far as the thermostat goes, most common units are millivolt and will work. I like a digital setback unit. Doesn't have to be fancy, just designed for a 24v circuit. Lux makes some nice inexpensive thermostats that are battery powered so no transformer power needed.

Thx BeGreen, I started reading the manual and figuring things out. Now I know the L-shaped thing is tool for cleaning. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.