Insert temps of 500 (anything to worry bout)?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeLikeUmFire

Sep 17, 2009
Lapeer, Michigan
I have a Regency R14. Have had my insert thermometer (on stove face by door) go up to 500. Is this ok. Since i don't know what the actual temp is in the inner firebox...just wondering if that is too hot? At times at this temp the cast iron baffle is somewhat orange.

At what stage of burn was this? Sounds about right for temps.

Its only when I am getting a new load started usually on a bed of hot coals. Once i get a IR thermometer i am going to take the top panel off and shoot the temp at the stove connector to see the difference between the temp at the front of the stove.

Our stove (not an insert) regularly gets between 600-700 degrees for several hours. Temperature measured on the stove top.

My insert likes 550-600 °F .

That's when I know it's cruising. <insert Beach Boys tune here> ;-)

Help me Rhonda! Help Help me Rhonda!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.