High Valley Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Here is the kit... and numerous other brands have the same style connector. What's so wrong with it? Especially with some gasket material inserted in between the stove connection and the connector and/or maybe a bead of furnace cement around it.
The problem is that with light wall liners like what you have there simply is not enough thickness in the liner for screws to hold even rivets backed up by washers can be a problem the liner tears so easily.

A question about the stove gaskets... most of them appear to only be rated to 1000F, but these are in contact with the fire in the stove. If secondary burning occurs, the combustor temperatures can reach and exceed 1400F on occasion. How can they use 1000F rated gaskets for the door / window gaskets?

Thanks,

I'm wondering what I should do with my second unused flue? I have two 11"x11" flues... One I will be running the liner up through and terminating at both the top with insulation on the bottom side and at the bottom though the damper plate with insulation on the top of the plate, but what should I do with the other flue?

Should I leave it open at the top or would sealing it somehow be better? What's the advantages of either?

Thanks

PS... Still wondering about the stove gasket temperature rating question I asked in my last post.

You're confusing... ;) - first it's reputable, and now they're sending the wrong connector with their liner kits...

Here is the kit... and numerous other brands have the same style connector. What's so wrong with it? Especially with some gasket material inserted in between the stove connection and the connector and/or maybe a bead of furnace cement around it.

Wouldn't be the first time CLD sent out the wrong adapter.