Inserts- meridian, greenfire, vistaflame or? Buying this week

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crowinghen

Oct 2, 2012
Gonna buy a pellet stove this week-
I have seen these models -- they all seem to be the same-- any significant differences between these stoves? Would they be a good choice? Looking for reliable no issue insert, don't want to waste my money on any POS.
They are about 3K with tax and pipe, Hubby will do the install.
Ay thoughts? Any other recomendations at this price point? Don't really want to get used as I'm afraid of buying a piece of trouble, and we want to get this thing installed ASAP to get some heat.
thanks!
in the pac nw if anyone knows of any deals- thanks!

I saw that one- there seem to be some unhappy owners here...
we also want to go through the rear of a masonry chimney ( please don't ask, and get the thread side-tracked ) and it looks like with that stove we'd have to do a vertical pipe outside and we would be between two windows and might not have clearance-- ( I will measure today)
but other than that it certainly is a nice price!

Enviro Meridian, Regency greenfire and VistaFlame Vf100 are all made by Sherwood Industries. Pretty much the same stove with a few little differences in cosmetics between them. The Meridian and its clones have been around a good while and are very reliable units. Look more for the dealer that has the best customer service.

vistaflame had a bunch of 3-4 yr old vf100's that they were selling off cheap because they changed the front vent stampings . i just bought mine 7-8 weeks ago for $1700 . ask your dealer or call around . i know of at least one shop in new hampshire that still has them .

i love mine :)

thanks for the info!
Although I went to the FP shop a little bit ago, and had decided to get the VF-- I like the new vent design a lot more than the old and more than the Regency GF
- the dealer has been awesome so I kind of want to support him--
it's tempting to save so much money though!

- the dealer has been awesome so I kind of want to support him--
it's tempting to save so much money though!

A good dealer is VERY important, but think of all the tons of pellets you could buy w/ the savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.