Inside of Chimney Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dinnerbellmel

Jan 1, 2017
Upstate New York
Hi everyone,

I've posted a couple times now to ask some questions and introduce myself. I'm a New Quadrafire owner. I took a minute or two to try to snap some photos of the inside of my chimney. Remember it is new but I've burned about 20 fires so far. This is from the inside of the Quadrafire 7100 looking up. Any concerns that you see? I don't know maybe there is not enough to see to discern anything? I plan to have it swept by a professional at the end of the season.

Attachments

• IMG_1722.JPG
    IMG_1722.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_1723.JPG
    IMG_1723.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1724.JPG
    IMG_1724.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 296
Looks perfect to me, I usually get about 1/2 a coffee can of dust when I clean my chimney after burning 24/7 all winter long.

Looks ok. Remember, the top will have the most build up.

Thanks...just making sure. Our house burned down a few years back which was totally unrelated to the fireplace (spontaneous combustion from staining materials...no one was hurt thank goodness.) I don't take anything for granted anymore.