Inside rusted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven20

Dec 18, 2008
Baltimore
I think I did a no-no at the end of the season last year....I went to clean my stove yesterday and the inside has all these rust spots....Any suggestion on how to get rid of them? Thanks

I would just use some light sand paper say 800 grit whatever that doesnt take off the first fire will.

no biggie, just paint over, yer gonna start using the stv soon anyway

I've got rust spots if you look through the heat exchangers. It smelled terrible when I first lit it up, but doesn't hurt anything. Not a whole lot you can do. I usually leave a thin coat of ash on over Summer. Or like some have already said, just paint it, it will burn off.

To avoid that at end of season I wire brush my unit down really well, vacuum it out, and then spray it down with Pam cooking spray. Works great. I figure the less rust, the longer the thing will last.

Status
Not open for further replies.