inside stove temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homefire

Jan 16, 2006
What is the temp inside a pellet stove on high at flame level. Not the temp of the flame but the temp 2" away.
Was wondering as I may install a coil of type k copper around the flame for a sidekick heater if it is worth the effort.

i would guess 1100*-1200* and you know im going to tell you not to mess with it. Not a good idea to mess with heavly engineered products like a pellet stove... the ceramic glass should radiate plently of infrared heat....

MSG said:
i would guess 1100*-1200* and you know im going to tell you not to mess with it. Not a good idea to mess with heavly engineered products like a pellet stove... the ceramic glass should radiate plently of infrared heat....

oh you mean like setting back from 50 to 40 or from 10 to -10

:)

homefire said:
MSG said:

oh you mean like setting back from 50 to 40 or from 10 to -10

:)

Smack!

Umm, thats not quite the same. My furnace has a computer interface to make personal location choices, your pellet stove doesnt have a optional copper shield for the flame that pops out when you tell it to.

MSG said:
Umm, thats not quite the same. My furnace has a computer interface to make personal location choices, your pellet stove doesnt have a optional copper shield for the flame that pops out when you tell it to.
HEY ! You changed your user name ! Thats OK , MSG is what we call you anyway. ( well at least on a public fourm ) ;)

Roospike said:
MSG said:
HEY ! You changed your user name ! Thats OK , MSG is what we call you anyway. ( well at least on a public fourm ) ;)
Yea since the username thread, it got me thinking. it was way to long.

MSG said:

Oh you mean like my feed rate and combustion air controls on my stoker control board but I am more than a little confused by the copper shield that pops out when you tell it to , where would that be located and how do you tell it to pop out? :)

Stop being so defensive about harmless little quips or you'll give yourself angina. ;)

forgive me homefire, i guess i have no idea what your talking about in the original post. I was imagining that you want to put some type of extra heat exchanger inside the firebox. No one else who knows more then me about what he wants to do will chime in?? help this guy out! LOL

MountainStoveGuy said:
Roospike said:
MSG said:
Yea since the username thread, it got me thinking. it was way to long.
Hey, now you changed it back........?.......? Flip flopping , Do you work for the government ? I know .... Your running for election , right.

Putting a hydronic coil inside a firebox with 1100 degree temps, in a stove not designed for that seems very dangerous to me. It interfeers with the designed heat output of the stove, will likely mess with the electronic sensors in the stove by altering the heat distribution characteristics, thus messing up the feed rate and outside air fan, not to mention that you risk a steam explosion.

A Pellet stove is one of the most efficient heating appliances going. An extremely high percentage of heat is put into the living space by a very efficient means (a blower) and so little of it goes out the chimney that you can hold you hand within a several inches of the output without getting burned. I really don't think you can improve the efficiency of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.