1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Insinkerator Hot Water Dispenser - HD or Lowes has leak in Stainless Steel Tank @ 4 years!(Possible

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by Don2222, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Dieselbreath

Dieselbreath Member

Loc:
    Oregon
    My Kitchenaide has one copper line going in and plastic hose going out. Not sure about the stainless tank. I don't know about the difference in quality. We bought it through our plumbing contractor.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern CT
    Other than the Insinkarator and Waste King are there any other brands that anyone would recomend or caution against? We are redoing our kitchen and the idea of instant hot water appeals to me. And if not that it strikes me as a good resale feature.
  3. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello Greg

One feedback in an earlier post I got here was the Kitchenaide Brand Hot Water Dispenser lasted a long time.

I use mine everyday for Instant Coffee and we do not need a teakettle anymore.

It is also great for a hot compress for a headache etc. The hard part was wiring in the GFCI AC outlet under the sink. But then I used the outlet for an under sink light and now I can find things under there!!!
  4. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

Well I certainly hope that Insinkerator adds a lock washer to the top spout on the inside of the tank. I do believe that when the spout loosened up, the tank leaked. The leak cannot be seen at the top of the tank because the shell covering. So the water dripped down the side and rusted the electrical contacts which made the GFCI keep tripping. The water could then be seen dripping from the bottom of the tank!!!

All that just because of a lock washer that should be added!!!
  5. heat seeker

heat seeker Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CT
    For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
    For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
    For want of a horse the rider was lost.
    For want of a rider the battle was lost.
    For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
    And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

Nursery rhyme.
  6. colebrookman

colebrookman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Middlefield, Ma
    Guess they should have used screws and locktite on the shoe. Hinesight is always 100%. :lol:
    Ed