Inspected my first St Croix Pellet stove today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Inspected my first St Croix Pellet stove today. Installed in a hearth with a full ss liner threw the existing fireplace flue . The installer was part owner of the retail store. He tells me there is a huge difference in the quality of the stoves that arrived in July to the Pellet ones arriving now. Some arrived not even painted. The stove is operating before my inspection, so the owner can check out its operations and trouble shoot if necessary right there . Nice looking stove it was putting out decent heat and that was on low. I asked them to max out the blower to hear the noise. Sounded the same as on low setting. Total cost for liner cleanout tee box and stove $2800. When I get to the office tomorrow I will post the model info. The retailer is in his second year of business Carries the Avalon & Country for wood burning. The type of person I could recommend. He also waited around because he heard that the inspector was a real hard a**. And wanted to make sure all went off ok. Top shelf installation passed easily. This St Croix gets a check mark in my book

Zero complaints about our St Croix Prescott pellet stove.
25F degrees outside as I type, stove is on #1Hi and it's
72F in here. We do burn a corn mix so that helps.
The blower on ours is considerably louder on high vs low...

Status
Not open for further replies.