Instaheat brand and "Premium Wood Pellet" brand from Maine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

requin

Apr 26, 2008
Montague, MA
I did a forum search for Instaheat to avoid repetition but nothing came up; sorry if this is a redundant question.

What's the verdict on Instaheat pellets? The Tractor supply stores around here (western MA) are offering a ton for $199.50. They also have a brand called "Premium Wood Pellet" from Maine. He said it has no other nametag than that. Same price.

Seems I recall that Instaheats are junk, and who would trust a "generic" pellet. So I'm tending to pass on this "deal". Also they don't have delivery anyway...unless you deal with a separate delivery guy they "subcontract" out.

Any thoughts?

The Tractor supply general website showed Somersets which I found on here are really good so I was excited but alas, not at the stores in my area.

I want to go with the Okie special that Squier's in Monson is offering but they can only bring a 14-ton truck all the way to Montague...and one of my neighbors already has her pellets and another wants to buy from Tractor supply. That leaves just 2 of us and we don't need 7 tons each. Sigh.

I hate pellet shopping. Just want it over with.

duh. I searched Instaheat. I wondered why I wasn't finding anything!!

Thanks.

BTW, Premium Wood Pellets is actually the name of the company, and it's out of Canada. Found that in another post. Not a generic brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.