Install finally happening

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkbug

Minister of Fire
Dec 20, 2010
Upstate NY
So today is supposed to be the day.

After a series of snafus and general confusion, it appears that today might in fact be the day my install starts. My guy called yesterday, said he would be there this morning. He is intending to use Propress for most of the fittings and piping, so once he has his routing figured out, it should go pretty fast. Some other parts are still due to arrive today, so things wouldnt be completed until tomorrow at the earliest, but I foresee that there will be something else to fix in there too.

The other wrinkle is that of course Im on the road for most of this week, so I cant even see whats going on day to day! But Ill get pics and update here once I know whats going on.

I did manage to get some dip tubes installed in my storage tanks to be able to use all of their capacity, I just hope that I figured right for tightening them enough to keep the pipes lined up correctly. After a bad experience of trying to bend up some black iron piping, I ended up buying some rigid electrical conduit 90 degree elbows. They are threaded like pipe, so they fit in the back of my double tapped bushing just fine, and since there shouldnt be any pressure on them while they are in the tank, I figure its OK that its not "pipe".

So anyway, keep your fingers crossed for me for no leaks.

Figures. I shouldnt have posted anything.

Im delayed until next week.

Sigh.

Thanks for the boost Huffdawg.

Its not that I feel bad, I just feel cold!

Clarkbug,

Any news on when your install is going to happen? What happened anyway? How will you be piping the three tanks together? Do you have all the equipment of the system in place and ready to be plumbed? Got any pics? Good luck to you!

well 'tis the season for the installers to be putting out fires(no pun intended) of no start boilers, etc of other customers. I had my BIL install mine, I was always at the back in the line of his customers. Good Luck.

Clarkbug said:
Thanks for the boost Huffdawg.

Its not that I feel bad, I just feel cold!
Cheer up! Many of us have froze to death looking at a new wood boiler just sitting there. It will be cranking out heat before you know it, Randy

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

I think flyingcow pegged it pretty well with what happened to me. My guy needed some other parts for the install that didnt come with his order, and as soon as he got on the road to the supply house, all of the phone calls he couldnt get in my basement came in. A bunch of no-heats and a flooded basement. Part of me was upset that he didnt say he was busy, but then the other part of me really appreciates that he is that kind of guy. Its good to know that there is a local guy that will drop things to come make sure that you and your family have heat in the winter. Plus he has bought a bunch of stuff, but hasnt asked me to pay for whats here since he hasnt done anything with it, so that makes most things pretty square I think.

The good news is that its really helping my wood pile last through the winter... I am trying to clean up the random pile I have on my lawn for next year, and getting ready for the truckload of logs to come in so I can keep the future piles going.

Clarkbug said:
Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

The good news is that its really helping my wood pile last through the winter...
Made me laugh, thats one way of looking at it. Good luck with the install, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.