Install Liner before stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LONDONDERRY

May 23, 2008
New Hampshire
Greetings-

So I've ordered a Napolean 1402 from a stove shop that has a online site. I placed the order 07.01, but because there is a run on stoves, Napolean underestimated the demand, which is causing my delivery from the vendor to be late. I plan on installing a ss liner in my existing exterior chimney, but can this be done the insert is in or not?

Frank

Of course. You can almost never do the installation with the insert installed. No reason you can't have a good portion of the work done before the insert arrives. I would hold off on putting in a block off plate (if you want one) until you have the liner conencted to the stove.

This is going to be a real problem by next month. Inventory seems to be just about gone already.

I think the liner can be installed before the insert arrives. Just leave it long on the fireplace end and trim once you know exactly how it is going to connect to the insert. If you can insulate the liner, do it.

BeGreen said:
This is going to be a real problem by next month. Inventory seems to be just about gone already.

I think the liner can be installed before the insert arrives. Just leave it long on the fireplace end and trim once you know exactly how it is going to connect to the insert. If you can insulate the liner, do it.

What inventory are you talking about, the stove inserts or the liners?

I ordered by Napoleon 1402 from Zooblers in mid-July and received it last week. It also was on backorder but they said it would be available mid-August and it was. The door is backordered currently, but I got a bit of time so hopefully that won't be an issue.

cd64133 said:
I ordered by Napoleon 1402 from Zooblers in mid-July and received it last week. It also was on backorder but they said it would be available mid-August and it was. The door is backordered currently, but I got a bit of time so hopefully that won't be an issue.

I ordered mine from Fireplacepro.com in July 1st. The stove is in they said but, they don't want to ship it without the door because it may get damaged during shipment. I have the say door issues as you. So now I'm being told everything will be shpped to me by mid September. Thats why I'm asking if I can order and install the liner now. The daylight is getting shorter and shorter to be on a roof

Frank

LONDONDERRY said:
BeGreen said:

What inventory are you talking about, the stove inserts or the liners?

I was referring to the stove delay, but from reports we're hearing, possibly both!!

So I got on top of my roof this weekend and from the top of the chimney to the bottom of the hearth or where the stove insert will sit is 15'-6". So does anyone think a 15' linear will be okay?

Frank

Personally I would get a 20' liner kit. In the first place that is the most common and competitive kit so it will probably cost you the same or less than a 15' kit and also I always want some extra to work with. Having the extra keeps me from having to try goofy stuff if it isn't long enough to do it right. This is a once in a long time job so you want to do it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.