Install liner - From bottom up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ewang

Nov 11, 2010
Wisconsin
Has anyone installed a liner by pulling it up through the chimney rather than coming down through the top?
I was wondering if this would help prevent it from bending too much, or accidentally kinking it by carrying it up on the roof.

These guys did it (albeit they were a little rough with the liner). Fast forward to about 4 min.

We do it sometimes it depends on the situation. But i would not want to try doing it without a hoist. I am sure you could but i wouldn't want to. They where not rough at all from what i could see. but they did not use any insulation. And by the way i absolutly hate that type of liner.

Last edited:
But i would not want to try doing it without a hoist.

Why would you not do it without a hoist? I would imagine you could easily to this with two people, one pulling on the rope, the other cautiously feeding it through.

Why do you hate their type of liner?

Why would you not do it without a hoist?
Because it can take allot of force at times. Like i said i am sure many can be done just with a rope but i still would not want to. But then again i do this work every day so for me it is worth spending the money for one.

Why do you hate their type of liner?
The 2 layer stuff is not very durable and is extremely easy to damage when installing. I installed 2 of them and have since replaced both of them at my cost one because it failed and the other because i was not confident in the quality of it after seeing the first one fail in 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.