Install Question pricing Question (Pictures added)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fburke

Dec 27, 2007
Beverly Ma
Fairly new to the forum

I just got a Rosseries Wood/Coal burning stove given to me by a family member who moved out of state…figured I could save some money on oil by having this installed to heat my open living room kitchen dining areas.

I contacted a local chimney and Hearth company about installing it and they came out and quoted me $2500.00 not including the hearth. (Which they enclose a nice pretty full color brochure with no prices,) the given price included 15-20 ft of all fuel 5” smoke pipe and a cap.

This install is pretty basic out the wall and straight up one story…nothing in the way.

Does this price seem kind of high? Should I shop around? Or is this the going rate…or am i getting "Burned"

Thanks!

Attachments

• Stove1.jpg
    Stove1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 222
  • Stove 2.jpg
    Stove 2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 213
  • stove 3.jpg
    stove 3.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 211
  • outside.jpg
    outside.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 218
Welcome to the forum fburke.

I'd say it sounds sort of pricey. If you are going out through the wall and up the side of the house you perhaps can do this all by yourself. The pipe is not cheap for sure but easy to put up. Not sure as my memory is not as good as it once was (low batteries, I guess) but it seems it cost us around $1,000 for the SS pipe to go up the side of the house and the thimble for through the wall.

Caution, through the wall means horizontal. It needs a minimum of 1/4" rise per foot of horizontal.

Good luck.

The total price for the purchase of our stand alone wood stove, including delivery and installation was $5K. I wish I could recall how that breaks down but I don't right now. I'll guess that our Avalon Rainier 90 was at least 50% of that cost.

-Soupy1957

Status
Not open for further replies.