Install Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clunk

Jun 24, 2008
Eastern Ma
I purchased a new pellet stove and am supposed to take delivery later this summer. I ordered the "standard install kit" which I'm told comes with 25 feet of chimney liner/exhaust vent piping. I measured from the floor of my fireplace to the top of my chimney to make sure this was enough liner. That measurement is about 23 feet. Do I have any reason to worry that 25 feet is not enough liner? I guess I'm not sure if any waste needs to be calculated into the mix. Thanks.

I believe it depends on the code for where you live. The cap for your exhause most likely has to be a certain height above your roof. But there are variables like the pitch of your roof, windows, A frames, etc......I'd contact your building dept to make sure.

I'm assuming that the current chimney meets code. The plan is to do the standard install, where the liner would be capped about one foot above the top of the chimney.

Status
Not open for further replies.