Install Questions - Wood Stove Out - Pellet Stove In

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsdws

Feeling the Heat
Feb 9, 2011
Central Illinois
My buddy just bought an Englander 25-PAH and will be replacing his old wood burning stove with it. He has the typical 6" stove pipe out the top venting that goes to the Class A double wall stuff when it goes through the ceilings, etc.

All of the venting he has now is the Supervent line from Selkirk.

I found a couple of threads here showing this install where you have to come out the back of the pellet stove then 45 back over top to get inline with existing vent.

Can anybody help provide the path to get this done? What is the way to get from the 3" stove outlet to the 6" double wall at the ceiling? What materials and where to purchase would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance.

For connecting Selkirk pellet vent pipe to Selkirk 6" class A the PV-A6 adapter is what I think you need.

http://www.selkirkcorp.com/SuperVent/Product.aspx?id=2874

On the right side of the page under Installation, scroll over View Documents and select Instruction - VP Chimney Adapter to down load a PDF of the instuctions.

I think that's the ticket!!! Thank you!!

Concerning an install like this and the need to have a couple of 45's to get back to the existing Class A pipe.....Can 3" be used to get to the 6" if you stay under that 15' EVL prior to the 6"? It's proving difficult/expensive to find the 4" Supervent around here. Configuration would be approximately: stove adapter, clean out tee, 6' vertical rise, 2 45 elbows to get to 6", then several feet of 6" to go through upstairs and roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.