install refactory combustion package v.c.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willty

Jan 11, 2008
long island n.y.
hello,i ordered the refactory package.$190.upper and lower fire backs look good from what i see.removing the old refactory is my question is on removing and installing a little guidance would be appreciated.v.c. resolute acclaim 0041... thanks will

Attachments

• 100_0435 stove3.jpg
    100_0435 stove3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 100_0434stove 2.jpg
    100_0434stove 2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 100_0432.jpg
    100_0432.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 210
  • 100_0436stove 4.jpg
    100_0436stove 4.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 233
Please read the other links/advice provided by the webmaster in response to your previous post about this stove.
I don't own one of these, but apparently there was/is a rebuild kit to correct a design/parts problem with the stove.

Did you locate an owner's manual and get the parts diagram from online yet? Those are your best sources of info about how the stove is disassembled and put together again. Also, a local VC dealer should be able to assist you.

thanks that was exactly what i needed. i was curious about the plaster. do you chop/tear it out.then just wire brush it or is there a procedure im not aware of.probrbly just over thinking it.just want to be right on thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.