installation advice needed please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmaster78

Mar 31, 2013
Ireland
Hi all I recently became the owner of a small 6.4kw Stanley stove. As there was never a fireplace in my house I need some advice. The plan is to build a small slate hearth for the stove to sit on. I have a nice old Victorian cast iron fire surround which will be fitted to the wall and half inch fireboard to protect the plaster. I will be using a rear exit flue which will pass through the cavity wall then up the outside of the house. First question, if i attach battons to the wall and nail the fireboard to this creating a 1" gap how far from the fire board must the stove be? secondly can I run the flue out through the wall horizontally and attach a 90 degree bend to run the flue up the wall, or should I attach a 45 degree bend soon after leaving the stove and another 45 degree bend once the flue is outside? Thirdly, I have a lot of used twinwall flue but am not sure how to fit it to the stove. Should I use a small section of single vitreous flue about 3" long coming from the flue then the twin wall? cheers in advance, J

Status
Not open for further replies.