Installation costs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joful, maybe you got $5 off because it was at the fair?

Anyway, you guys make me feel a lot better about my situation!

Browning, just curious, what did your job end up costing?

It was the first install, that one was about $1500.

It was the first install, that one was about $1500.
Sounds more like it...The other guy must have been a professional mason that just wanted to build you a whole new chimney. Can't blame him for trying, I guess.

Call Woodland Direct or Woodheat Stoves.com and price the parts directly and get them yourself and hire just the labor piece.
I sort of tinkered with that idea, but had no idea where to source the parts.

Frankly, for me anyway, I don't think I want to deal with that added complication and I'd probably forget something anyway, considering I don't know what I'm doing:(

I sort of tinkered with that idea, but had no idea where to source the parts.

Frankly, for me anyway, I don't think I want to deal with that added complication and I'd probably forget something anyway, considering I don't know what I'm doing:(

Ask for Bruce at Woodheat Stoves. That guy nailed it with a fairly complicated 24 foot system. They know what they're doing, so you don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.