Installation Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

384sqft

Hearth Supporter
Oct 8, 2009
Arkansas
When attaching the pipe to the stove do I put the pipe in the flue hole on the stove or try and fit it around the exterior of the flue??? I'm finding it a bit confusing all the male ends point down so that anything in the pipe would flow into the stove so then the male should go into the stove and not on the outside??

I'm confused and sorta chilly tonight 45 outside and 52 inside all bundled up but do need to get this thing installed before the cold really gets here.

Thanks

Lily

Yes, male end goes into stove collar.

Is there something I'm supposed to have on the outside to hold it there?? The hole is oval and the pipe is round the fella that sold me the pipe said all I have to do is squeeze it and make it fit but Well..... I'm worried I'm going to screw this up.

The outlet is on the back pointing toward the back but it is reversable and I'm fixin to change it to the up position.

FratFart did you just say aint cause I'm from the south and dropped the G on fixing??? LOL
I may drop my g's from time to time or say things like y'all or hollar but ain't is just plain poor grammer! LOL

The original spelling was Arkansaw... No clue why it got changed. Don't think it matters much now.

Status
Not open for further replies.