Installation help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would look online for a product called "insulflue" or something like that. Once you find the product, you can download the installation manual for it.

Franks said:
I would look online for a product called "insulflue" or something like that. Once you find the product, you can download the installation manual for it.

Insul-flu is over $300!!! Have you a cheaper solution?

I strive to only offer safest and best solutions when possible. For cutting corners you'll need to wait for someone else to chime in. I guess one solution is to postone the installation while you save up for an insul-flue

croghanite said:
Franks said:

Insul-flu is over $300!!! Have you a cheaper solution?

It's only a house filled with all your earthly goods and loved ones.. why do it right?

and I note you asked for "BEST" in your original question.. maybe you didn't mean "best" the way we might think of it?

Crog, that link you posted is a different kind of pass through, not designed for your application. If you have to pass through a wall into a masonry chimney like you want to, you can use an Insulflue which is the best way, or NFPA211 has also approved some other methods which you should look into. Insulflue is the best way. $300 now is waaaay cheaper than a house fire.

cmonSTART said:
Crog, that link you posted is a different kind of pass through, not designed for your application. If you have to pass through a wall into a masonry chimney like you want to, you can use an Insulflue which is the best way, or NFPA211 has also approved some other methods which you should look into. Insulflue is the best way. $300 now is waaaay cheaper than a house fire.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.