Installation progress

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony H

Minister of Fire
Oct 24, 2007
N Illinois
Made some progress on the installation today for the first time in a couple of weeks !!!
Got the shed assembled and the boiler inside. The temp got up to a balmy 38 degrees and my BIL SIL and nephew came over and helped me build the shed and put it on the base behind the garage!!!
All that's left on the 10 x 12 metal shed is some trim and the doors. The boiler is on it's pad of 4" cinder block and the buried pipe and AC wire is buried into the shed and into the house and backfilled.
Now I can heat the shed and maybe get going on the plumbing , electric and chimney work. It's still probably won't get finished until after I recover from Rotator cuff surgery due in a couple of weeks (ARGH) but I sure feel alot better with the boiler in it's shed protected from the elements and waiting for some further assembly ...... now if my other nephew (HVAC guy) hits a slow spot at work and can come over and do some plumbing then we may get some wood burning before next fall.

Time to go get some chimney duct and other stuff.

Hang in there, Tony. The shoulder thing is a groan. Been there.

Sounds like you're on the home stretch.

For me, these projects always take forever. Not being very skilled, I spend a lot of time standing around scratching my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.