1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Installation Tips For Napoleon 1101 Insert

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by turbocruiser, Nov 5, 2012.

1. turbocruiser

turbocruiser Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Rocky Mountains Majesty
    Fine folks, some close family friends of ours recently purchased a Napoleon 1101 Insert and they asked me to help them install it. It will have a 6" stainless steel flex liner. It is going to go where an older original factory built fireplace and chimney are now. I have done lots and lots of studying up so I know more or less or more what I will do to install it however I was wanting to ask the experts here for any helpful hints that they might share. Thanks as always.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. turbocruiser

turbocruiser Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Rocky Mountains Majesty
    Okay, let me try to add some specifics I just found out from these folks about what we're doing and again ask for anyone's advice about how to handle the install.

The insert is the Napoleon 1101, it is going into a masonry fireplace with a masonry chimney chase, the liner is 6" DuraVent liner, apparently there's a special adapter that allows the transition from the firebox area through the damper that's there and then to the chimney area. Apparently there is the required 1" space all around the chimney so we won't be insulating the liner but we will be using the "flex-spacers" every five feet to maintain the clearances.

Again I'm just trying to help some friends without making any mistakes. If you all have any guidance to give, I'd love to learn it. Thanks.
  3. Heatsource

Heatsource Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CA
    pretty much the same as installing any other liner, but the 1100 has an adjustable shroud, which helps if you have deep lentils