Installation Tips For Napoleon 1101 Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbocruiser

Feeling the Heat
Jun 10, 2011
Rocky Mountains Majesty
Fine folks, some close family friends of ours recently purchased a Napoleon 1101 Insert and they asked me to help them install it. It will have a 6" stainless steel flex liner. It is going to go where an older original factory built fireplace and chimney are now. I have done lots and lots of studying up so I know more or less or more what I will do to install it however I was wanting to ask the experts here for any helpful hints that they might share. Thanks as always.

Okay, let me try to add some specifics I just found out from these folks about what we're doing and again ask for anyone's advice about how to handle the install.

The insert is the Napoleon 1101, it is going into a masonry fireplace with a masonry chimney chase, the liner is 6" DuraVent liner, apparently there's a special adapter that allows the transition from the firebox area through the damper that's there and then to the chimney area. Apparently there is the required 1" space all around the chimney so we won't be insulating the liner but we will be using the "flex-spacers" every five feet to maintain the clearances.

Again I'm just trying to help some friends without making any mistakes. If you all have any guidance to give, I'd love to learn it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.