Installation underway- VIGAS 40 with storage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

henfruit

Minister of Fire
install

Attachments

• patriots way 068.jpg
    patriots way 068.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 848
  • patriots way 067.jpg
    patriots way 067.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 918
  • patriots way 070.jpg
    patriots way 070.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 868
  • patriots way 071.jpg
    patriots way 071.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 786
  • patriots way 072.jpg
    patriots way 072.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 798
  • patriots way 073.jpg
    patriots way 073.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 822
  • patriots way 074.jpg
    patriots way 074.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 809
  • patriots way 075.jpg
    patriots way 075.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 798
henfruit said:
No beer cans during work. That is why the pipeing is level and plumb.
Yeah, & that boiler is rightside up too! Nice job, was this the Lambda Vigas? Randy

Nice looking work henfruit! Are you doing the work yourself? Is that an extrol 160 exp tank? Would love video of the unit running especially gasification zone.

Hello sparke, I have local plumber doing it with me. I am the helper.WE use his labor Iam buying all the parts from F w Webb. That is the Extrol 160. Almost done getting the tanks and boiler tied together. then have to run the feed and return into the boiler room in the house. Then wire up the 2 pumps aqastats and controls . I hope to up and runnig soon.

Looks like you have 1000 gallons storage. I have the same exp. tank, it should work but your pressure will be high when the tanks reach 200*. The very first time I charged my tanks the pressure was hitting 30 psi long before the tanks were charged. I let out about 5 gallons of water and I have not had any issues since. I have charged the tank as high as 210-220*. Anyway nice set up, would love to see some video : )

Looks great. Are you an optomist? It looks like you have an un-piped and un-valved drain fitting on the bottom of the tank.

Hunderliggur said:
Looks great. Are you an optomist? It looks like you have an un-piped and un-valved drain fitting on the bottom of the tank.

I think there is a plug in it.

That is a drain hole. It will be piped up with a draw off for just in case. There is another on the bottom tank also. Is the tank half full or empty. I always go with half full.

ok.. dragging up old posts here..

but I've got a line on my two tanks now. should have em within a few weeks.

it looks like your two tanks are independent. you put your heat into the top of each.. and also pull heat from that same line.

your return goes to each tank at the bottom.

the two tanks are not connected to each other any other way? I thought that these setups got connected a couple times top to bottom and sorta used as one tank.. with hot coming off the top tank only, and cold returning to the bottom tank only?

JP

Wow. :wow: Nice Henfruit. Nice. Keep us posted on your progress. Hope all goes well for you. Also hope you have a cold one, or five, when you are done and enjoying the heat coming out of that baby.

JP i sent you a pm. I have been up and running since last jan.i RECEIVED an oil del last week 13.6 gallons. O well just saying.

:lol: I didn't realize it was that old of a thread. I need to look at the dates when I am reading. How do you like the system? What type of wood do you usually burn Henfruit? Glad to hear you are not using much oil! :cheese:

Nice. Glad to hear you like it. How long did it take you to get that Oak to the 20%? The reason I ask is I have seen some threads in the other forum talking about how long it takes to dry that Oak out. I have never burned it. I get most of my wood for free so never have had the opportunity for Oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.