Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

www_godzilla

Oct 24, 2008
Portland,Maine
I'm going to be getting my Quadra Fire Sante Fe in about 2 weeks. I was looking at the installation process. It doesn't look too difficult. I'm pretty handy and not afraid to tackle projects. My question is ......For people who have done this,What's the most common thing that people do wrong when they install themselves? I've been reading about people purchasing a stove ,being promised a certain date and not receiving it on or before those dates. I was promised Late February or early March. I was told last week to expect by the end of December or the 1st week of January at the latest. So looks like things are loosing up.

I was told to use a Copperfield Direct Temp venting system. I'm doing a corner installation. Plus,I have windows on both sides of the stove. I was told by someone else that the Copperfield Direct Temp is a 6 inch pipe that will push my stove back towards the front. I called the local Quadrafire dealer. He told me a 3 inch pipe will be fine. I have been reading about using an Outdoor Air Intake Vent,how they are the best way to go. So I am wondering what do. I'd like to do the Direct Temp Vent,but wondering if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.