Installed Price for Lopi 1250

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davis

Hearth Supporter
Aug 10, 2010
Western NC
I am in the process of buying a Lopi 1250 wood stove to heat an addition to our house. The installed prices I have been quoted run anywhere from $3100 to $4300. Does it make sense that there would be that much difference between vendors for the same product? Are there differences in installation between one company or another that I need to know? It seems fairly straightforward, just installing the stove in an existing fireplace and running the steel chimney up the existing brick one. I want to get the best price but don't want to cheap out to the point that I get an inferior installation. Thanks for anyone who can answer this question.

I would imagine it could depend on a variety of issues: brand/cost of venting used, cost of labor, the size of the margin the store wants to achieve, etc. We have several installers here who may be able to provide more insight. I would imagine that most stores have close to the same cost in the stoves themselves, so the real variation would probably come down to their labor and other materials costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.