Installed Tarm and EKO Pics Wanted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seyiwmz said:
Here are a couple of pics of my install.

Seyiwmz

I am curious why your expansion tank is installed above the rest of your system. Does it have to be this way to work properly? Exactly what model # is your tank? I noticed in your video, your storage tank is different or is that after you insulated?

Cool photos and video Seyiwmz. Provides the best pictures of a pressure storage system i've seen so far.

Trehugr, I used a the sx-40v from amtrol. Cost was about 120 bucks. It's location developed because I thought it would look cool above everything. No system requirements for it being there. No problems. And the video was made after I insulated it and made a box over the tank. That way I could throw a drum-set on top. If I started the boiler back up I might make a video that shows the smoke suction hood in action. It works pretty good. It might be the answer for the fellow (Barnartist) above with the smoke problem. Makes refueling a pleasure........ Thanks for the compliments. Guy

I might have to do that Seyiwmz.
How much do you heat with your 40? and how far down (temp cooling) can you let your tank get to and recharge it in one load of wood?

Barnartist, I'm sorry to admit I can't answer the question. I don't do the up and down method. I usually just heat it up and continue to burn for weeks on end before shutting down. Counting my garage, I'm heating about 2800 square feet. I only keep the garage 55 to 60 degrees.

Here are some pics of our system with 1000 gallons of pressurized storage. The EKO was delivered late March and is now up and running.

Have been heating our DHW the past few days. Aside from a few minor leaks and some blown fuses things are working out nicely. The unit is installed in a 600 sq ft garage and tied into a triangletube indirect water heater and oil boiler which both reside in the basement.

Attachments

• Img_6895.jpg
    Img_6895.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 658
  • Img_7143.jpg
    Img_7143.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 688
  • Img_7148.jpg
    Img_7148.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 690
1000 gallon propane tank

Attachments

• Img_7145.jpg
    Img_7145.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 668
  • Img_7106.jpg
    Img_7106.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 682
Expansion tanks

Attachments

• Img_7133.jpg
    Img_7133.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 642
  • Img_7109.jpg
    Img_7109.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 632
Very nice - Neat and clean.

Sizzler said:
1000 gallon propane tank

SIzzler, any chance you could detail what each of those pipes are doing on your tank? I am setting mine up this summer, and was only planning on a in on top, out on bottom, and perhaps a temperature probe...clearly there is a lot more going on with your tank.

Inquiring minds want to know...

The tank arrived from the factory with five fittings on top and one 1 1/4" drain plug on the bottom. The top connections were of various sizes....... 1 1/4", 1", 1", 3/4" and 3/4". I added three 1 1/2" Weldolets to the top of the tank and capped off both of the 3/4" inlets.

What you are seeing in the photo's from left to right are

1 1/4" inlet (feed from boiler main loop)
1 1/2" add on ( 12"galvanized pipe nipple with 18" long reach thermometer monitoring tank temps)
1 1/2" add on ( 8"black pipe nipple with psi gauge)
1" supply line from tank to house baseboards and DHW indirect (house loop -draws hot water from top of tank)
3/4" capped off (this is the line tipping back towards the wall)
1" return from house loop (returns water to bottom of tank)
1 1/2" inlet add on (feed from boiler main loop)
3/4" capped off

We might have gotten by without adding the additional tank fittings but figured this way I will be covered if another zone or more gauges are needed. We have a 1000 sq ft shop attached to this garage that will likely get tied in also. The boiler return comes from the 1 1/4" line at the bottom of the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_7128.JPG
    IMG_7128.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 516
Status
Not open for further replies.