installing a Harman P61A ignitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would suggest the search feature, I know it has been discussed many time before. the real trick is making sure to feed some slack (on the igniter wires, light blue and yellow IIRC) through the feeder body weldment from behind the unit.

you quick Daksy, I was just hunting for a decent description.

Be sure to slide the little round plug up as far as it will go on the wires in the back so the wires are long enough to get the connection out of the burn pot. Once you have enough slack its as easy as pie.

and make darn sure you pull the wires BACK OUT thru the plug after youre done, or youll burn the insulation off the igniter wires and short the new igniter out, causeing you to have to buy another from your helpful and suave local Harman Dealer!

Reactions: Delta-T
Status
Not open for further replies.