Installing a Lopi Large FLushmount - Bottom Block Off Plate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonb4270

Jun 7, 2015
Ontario, Canada
I am installing a Lopi wood insert into an existing masonry fireplace soon. I have fabricated and fit the block off plate for above the stove. I have some extra sheet metal as a result and am wondering if anyone has ever installed an insert on top of a sheet of metal as well. My rationale for doing so is to avoid any dispersement of existing dust and stuff from the tiles in the hearth which are chipping etc. I have cleaned the area multiple times but despite doing so there is a lot of stuff for the blowers to spread around the room. The tiles can not come out.

Are there any concerns in terms of saftey or stove operation with having a block off plate above and below an insert? My only concern would be vibration caused by the blower.

Thanks in advance

Are there any concerns in terms of saftey or stove operation with having a block off plate above and below an insert? My only concern would be vibration caused by the blower.
no reason you cant do that

I had our pellet stove insert on sheetmetal. It made it easier to slide out for service (together with another sheet on the hearth).

None due to the sheetmetal. The weight of the insert kept is captive. The pellet stove had two blowers and the sound of the fire so it wasn't exactly quiet. It was more like a small wood furnace in the living room. I liked its convenience but don't miss the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.