Installing a Pellet Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

69Stingray

Jul 29, 2008
Southern, NH
Is installing a pellet insert a DIY job? Me and my Father-in-law are mechanically inclined and can do most home improvement projects. I have remodeled an entire bathroom (new plumbing, electrical, rough framing, tile, etc,). I have looked at some online manuals and the install does not look too challenging, am I missing something (it wouldn’t be the first time)?

I am going to install my Acentra Insert. My Dealer , who I know quite well, showed me all I need to know. It takes them about 20 minutes. Probably take me a little longer obviously, but he has no problems with poeple who are fairlt prctical. Of course he does know my capabilities so I dont know if he would be as quick to suggest it to someone who isnt.

camdids said:
I am going to install my Acentra Insert. My Dealer , who I know quite well, showed me all I need to know. It takes them about 20 minutes. Probably take me a little longer obviously, but he has no problems with poeple who are fairlt prctical. Of course he does know my capabilities so I dont know if he would be as quick to suggest it to someone who isnt.

I`d allow more than 20 minutes. Not that it`s a complicated task but it does require some thought and I`m sure more time than 20 minutes.

Pipe is the biggest PITA. If you are cutting it watch your fingers as that stuff can slice you in no time flat. (yes I have the scars to prove it). The stove is pretty easy. I'm not that mechanically inclined so the door trim assembly only took me three tries to get it right. Take your time and plan on at least 1/2 day. Must allow time for beer breaks. (only after your done on the roof)

Status
Not open for further replies.