Installing an insulated SS Chimney liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

palmersplace

Oct 19, 2015
ID
Good Morning,
I am looking at installing an 8x15 FF Pre insulated Chimney Insert. Is the "pre-insulated" SS Liner the best option? Looks like I can purchase online for around $620 vs $$850 for the liner kit and insulation kit separate. If not what would you recommend. Is this a job that I can do myself or will I need a helper? What would be the average time a homeowner to install?

Welcome. It can be DIY if you have decent skill with basic handtools and are safe on a ladder. A helper is handy but for a 15' run may not be needed. Before ordering, first make sure that the liner + insulation will fit down the chimney. The insulation will need additional clearance. What insert is this for?

Status
Not open for further replies.