installing dvl stovepipe between ceiling box and stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPED

Dec 31, 2007
So I'm gonna need to order up some dvl stovepipe for installing my jotul firelight. Does anyone know if an adapter is needed for the connection at the stove and the ceiling box? Will the 8693 kit contain all i need for that? I was thinking of getting the dvl pipe that extends from 40-68" as i need about 54" for my install, but I didn't know what adapters I would need for this either. Anyone use this stuff for their install?

you do not need an adapter the kit has it in it. The adustable pipe is what you should use for ease of installation although I did not so I had to slide my heavy stove to get all the pieces in!

The only thing between my stovetop and ceiling box is a single slip pipe of Simpson double wall. The less joints and pieces the better IMO.

You need a DVL close clearance adaptor to hook it into the Class A, although this might only work if you have Simpson brand Class A. For other brands you might need a single wall adaptor with the crimp end facing down, and then just smash the DVL over that.

Thanks jtp, you're talking about the 8674 connector correct? I was gonna order that and the 8647 adj length. All my pipe/chimney is simpson. Do I need an adapter at the stove?

Yes the 8674 is the close clearance adaptor I think. At the stove you may need a 8680 (I think that's the number). It is a stove adaptor. The Quad units seem to be designed so the DVL fits on the collar perfect but I don't know about other stoves.

Yep it's definitely 8680 I still have the catalog open, thanks for the info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.