Installing Harman accetnra insert. Stove won't roll out of shell.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Flavo

Feb 12, 2011
chaplin ct
Hi all,
I'm installing an Accentra insert into my fireplace and for the life of me I can not get the stove out of the liner shell. I have undone the spring latches on either side. I even screwed the front of the rails into the floor and tried a pry bar to get that sucker out. I'm afraid if I put anymore pressure on it I'll break it. I've looked all over for something else securing it in the shell and I can't see anything.
Anybody have a clue what I'm up against here?

Sounds like the latches are not completely released from the frame....
Did you make sure the "hooks" that hold it in place are free?

I believe they are bolted on the underneath side for shipping....maybe?

There is a bolt somewhere for shipping. I just cant remember where? Because it is on rollers they needed to secure the stove to the shell

There is a bolt somewhere for shipping. I just cant remember where? Because it is on rollers they needed to secure the stove to the shell

That has to be it. I just can't find the dang thing. I asked the harman dealer and he said I just needed to pull harder.
It might be better I hire a pro at this point anyway if something as simple as a hidden bolt has me stuck.

Daksy, absolutely made sure the hinges were free. I had actually considered removing the screws holding the hinges in place so I could stop looking at them. I spent 2 hours yesterday on the solo task of trying to get the stove to roll out of the basket.

Look on page 22 in your manual. it has a diagram for unpacking and shows bolt location, 2/3 of the way up on the outside of mounting shell up near where surround attaches

Look on page 22 in your manual. it has a diagram for unpacking and shows bolt location, 2/3 of the way up on the outside of mounting shell up near where surround attaches

AMAZING! Thank you so much. I thought those were part of the unit. I'm pretty sure they changed the manuals to omit that information for some reason. I can't find that anywhere in my manual. I even looked at pdfs online to see if they were differant and never saw that info.

20181119_075637.jpg

I see. I looked up manual online and found unpacking instructions. I was racking my brain, I just could not remember where they were located. I just remember we had the same problem on the first 52i we installed. You have it i the hole and piped up yet?:)