installing hearth on engineered wooden floor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Charbot

Dec 28, 2017
London
Hello there and merry Christmas. I am looking for some advice on securing a marble hearth onto an engineered wooden floor. I am not the best at diy and am not looking to cut away at the floor as this could be disastrous just lay the hearth on the wood. The hearth is just a cheap model from b and q so probably won’t be too heavy. Can I ask what I could secure the hearth with? Many thanks for any advice!!

I would set it on some silicon caulking. That way it could be removed with out
damaging the floor

Before u over think it see how it sits on the floor first without securing. Remember you are going to have about 200-300 lbs sitting on top. I have a section of hardi board down and not secured... be pretty hard to get it to move...

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk