Installing Jotul550 as I type - Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI Guys,
Quick question, I have the liner down the chimney, however I am torn on what to do next. Should I install the top plates and chimney cap and get every thing all set on the roof. Or should put the block off plate in and then put the insert, leaving the chimney cap and chimney plate (on the roof) intil the end. The theory is, if I install the insert now... I will have more play with the liner (vertical movement) because the insert is a pretty tight fit?

Thanks!

I would build from the bottom up.
Rusty

The Sweep who put my 550 in finished the stove hook up first then did the cap at the end.

Thanks Guys, that is what we ended up doing. All in all not too bad of a job... ironically the hardest thing was putting n the surround. We couldn't get the fire box out far enough to install it. Eventually with a lot of tugging we got the insert out enough to put the surround on. There was very little room to play with and unfortunately I think the movement out bend the liner a little (maybe a very tiny hole but I don't think so, certainly nothing major) The draft seems to be fantastic. The only thing I will have to redo next year is re-level it.. the right side is about .25 of an inch lower than the right (driving me crazy). Thanks agin for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.