Installing my new (to me) Orlan Eco 25 boiler, piping questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

landrthegreat

Nov 19, 2014
Hector, NY
I am in the process of installing the Eco 25 boiler I purchased on Craigslist. I went ahead and purchased a thermal storage tank (get a 275 gallon tank from STSS on Craigslist and used the copper heat exchangers along with another coil I had to make a 600 gallon tank). I am using the piping diagram that I got from STSS website. I would like to have the wood boiler as the primary and my existing gas boiler for back up. I am looking for suggestions on what valves to get for the system. My main concern is the mixing valve (very expensive with controls) and the balancing and added zone valve that I will need. I currently have my house heated with hot water base board (two zones) and an indirect hot water tank for domestic water. I was planning to run the majority of the new piping for the added wood boiler with 1-1/4" black iron and 1-1/4" copper. The heat exchange coils are all 3/4" copper for the thermal storage. Any suggestions would be a tremendous help.
Thanks

Attachments

• thermal storage.jpg
    thermal storage.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 253
Status
Not open for further replies.