Resolved Installing new 6 inch liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctd01

Oct 25, 2011
ct
Ok got the blaze king princess insert and a 9x13 flue. I got the flex king pro from chimney liner depot. Well I got 3/4 way down and she bound up hard so we worked it back and forth till it went. Well I looked inside and the inside liner was starting to kink. So I talked to chimney liner depot and they told me to put a board in it and ovalize it so it don't kink. Anyone run into this issue?

Were you shoving the liner down from the top only? Or did you pull from the bottom and the same time? You mention "worked it back and forth" but I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Is there an insulation blanket on this liner?

Did you ultimately get the liner in to the fully home position?

pen

Yea tonight I ovalized the pipe pulled from bottom and had 2 guys on the roof pushing an rotating it as much as we could with out ruining the ovalization. I used a 15* appliance adapter and it fit like a glove. I got to hand it to fireplace etc in milford ct. They were very helpful had the inset in stock so I was able to get it that day and he had the appliance adapter in stock and in any degree i wanted and his prices were great!

sounds like things have worked themselves out.

Glad to hear it!

Look forward to hearing out how you make out this burning season.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.