Installing New Lopi--Thimble Question--Photo Attached

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoosanMan

Nov 29, 2014
NE Kansas
I'm working on installing the new Lopi Greenfield direct vent gas. I have a question about the thimble. I have attached the photo. This is what the dealer ordered in for me with the stove. He basically just sells stoves and does not do installs so I can't really get any answers from him. He does sell at good prices though. What the 1/8" gap between the stove pipe and the spindle? Do I use caulk to fill that? What kind? The same gap will be on the outside too. What about "dead" or "open" area, is this supposed to be like this? Thanks!

Attachments

• thimble.png
    thimble.png
    251.7 KB · Views: 207
Ok, thank you, I figured I would paint this one black. So you are saying I need an additional thimble cover besides this one? Would you have a link or something to point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.