installing new vc encore need flue hook advise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harry hebberd

Dec 7, 2008
long island
i am installing a new vc encore into the fireplace in my house. the problem is i have 8 inch oval flexline coming through the chimney damper, the stove is rear venting so i am able run the pipe into the firebox. the problem is what is the best way to hook the stove up to the flexline, a 90 degree elbow would put the stove to far out onto the hearth stone, i am thinking of an oval tee coming down from the and hooking the stove directly to the snout of the tee via an oval to round connector. is this the best solution or does someone have a better idea. the stove will not be sitting in the firebox it will be out on the hearth stone so my space is limited.

I just finished this with the Encore 2550 Cat and fired it all up on Sunday evening last week. I brought my flex liner down the chimney and into the fire place box and put a "T" piece on it, as you would want to have the cap on the bottom of the "T" to be able to clean it out. I thought about hooking it straight into the back of the unit but the flex tubing wouldn't "Flex" that severly. If you put a 90° elbow in leiu of the "T" then you are going to have to disconnect the whole deal just to clean your liner. If interested I can send a photo of my set up. Let me know how it turns out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.