Installing Osburn 1600

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daffodil_1

Jul 1, 2006
Getting ready to have my stove professionally installed. Got some questions that need answers prior to having the guys out to do the work. When I was building I installed a chase made from OSB and dimensional lumber with inside measurements 12"x12" that runs from ceiling level up to the roof. I followed advice from the installer and was assured that the 12"x12" dimension was suffcient for stovepipe clearance. I am now questioning that and would like some feed back around proper chase installations with safe clearance distances. The pipe is going straight up from stove through the roof. 6/12 scissor truss inside bottom chord @ 18' from floor. The roof is 12/12 exterior @ 25' from grade. What type stove pipe will work safely in the chase that is already installed? Will I have to any modifications to the chase prior to install?

lets say the finnish pipe has an 8" diameter AND 2" AIRSPACE IS REQUIRED FROM COMBUSTIABLES THAT EQUALS EXACTLY 12"
Sorry hit caps lock are you planning to fire stop that chimney as it passed threw floors and ceilings? Actually according to NFPA211 instead of OSB it should be 5/8" fire code sheetrock linning tha te interior of that chase

Status
Not open for further replies.