Installing stove in a bay window?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rohannas77

Jul 20, 2008
Downeast Maine
Have been searching sites but can't seem to find an answer. I'm wondering if I can install a pellet stove in a bay window. The windows are double paned and well insulated. I'm assuming the answer is no but it would be such a great spot for it.

I will let the experts answer but I think the only prohibition on windows is not having one that can be opened near the stove.

My observation is that it sure would look ugly from the outside looking in.

Rohanna said:
Have been searching sites but can't seem to find an answer. I'm wondering if I can install a pellet stove in a bay window. The windows are double paned and well insulated. I'm assuming the answer is no but it would be such a great spot for it.

It’s ok as long as it won’t open. Quadra show one between 2 windows about 2 feet apart in there brochure.

http://www.quadrafire.com/Products/Pellet_Burning/Pellet_Model.asp?f=CB1200

Status
Not open for further replies.