installing wood stove need help please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wlf89

Hearth Supporter
Oct 16, 2010
middle TN
i am wanting to install a thru the roof chimney for my wood stove in my house. and have a few questions. i will have the stove in bottom floor and will go up aprox 8ft into upstairs then aprox 5ft to the roof but that is not the peak of the roof.
1. double wall or triple wall
2. how far past peak of roof do i need to go.

and if anyone could give me an idea of what all parts i will need or a link to somwhere that kinda shows the process i would greatly appreciate any help.

wlf89 said:
i am wanting to install a thru the roof chimney for my wood stove in my house. and have a few questions. i will have the stove in bottom floor and will go up aprox 8ft into upstairs then aprox 5ft to the roof but that is not the peak of the roof.
1. double wall or triple wall
2. how far past peak of roof do i need to go.

and if anyone could give me an idea of what all parts i will need or a link to somwhere that kinda shows the process i would greatly appreciate any help.

Not sure on chimney type, but I do know that you have to follow the 10-3-2 rule for chimney height.

The chimney has to be at least 3' from where it comes through the roof to the top. It also needs to be at least 2' taller than anything within 10' of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.