Instant Heat Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IHATEPROPANE

Minister of Fire
Feb 24, 2011
NoPellettons, MA
Has anyone else tried these recently? I bought them because that was all I could find, having tried them in the last and being disappointed.....well I gotta say they are burning very well! Burning about the same amount as Vermont Woods and only a little more ash....I am shocked!

So far I have tried barefoot, dry creek and instant heat. Barefoot being best and instant being least. I find the instant are ashy and have more clunker than I'd like. I have a Santa fe.

I'd have to have a LOT more pos. reviews on this forum before I spent any $$ on them.

I bought 10 bags from TSC 2 weeks ago to try. ($218 per ton) They are OK for the money , but not quite as hot burning as Lignetics but less dust in the bag.
Ash was about the same. I`d buy again in a pinch.YMMV.

I burned one bag of 'em last year, and i'll never buy them again.... unless they are $2 a bag. that's what they burned like to me.

They are a great pellet in my stove.Good heat, moderate ash.I would buy again.And the price is right.Much better than the Green Supreme I tried last week.

They are a great pellet in my stove.Good heat, moderate ash.I would buy again.And the price is right.Much better than the Green Supreme I tried last week.
I also have GS to end the season and do not expect much from them...too ashy. I am going to grant another dozen of the Instant Heat and that will do it. They were pretty good!

LOT'S OF ASH, AND LOWER HEAT OUTPUT...NO THANKS :p

My Harman burns just about anything and had no problems at all with the Instant heats so I wasn`t dissapointed , although I knew up front they weren`t highly rated . I got about 20 degrees less heat from them.
I would imagine a pellet picky stove wouldn`t like em.

My Harman burns just about anything and had no problems at all with the Instant heats so I wasn`t dissapointed , although I knew up front they weren`t highly rated . I got about 20 degrees less heat from them.
They feed a little slower because they are a bit longer than most pellets. Your Harman takes care of that. I am hooked up to a thermostat and that takes care of that issue as well ....still use the same amount a day.

I bought a couple bags to try and thought they were alright. Went back for a half dozen more bags, a week or so later, and they were like a completely different pellet. The first ones were a darker pellet, but burned well with decent heat and manageable ash levels. The second batch were much lighter in color and burned with all ash and no heat. To inconsistent for my taste.

well i have a european pellet picky stove and there is no issue burning these, there just a trashy, ashy, pellet with low heat output;lol

Friend had good luck last spring and again this year. I picked up a couple bags, But haven't tossed em in yet. I'm not expecting much, I won't complain at $4.18 a bag either. But if they do well, I'll let ya know.

Friend had good luck last spring and again this year. I picked up a couple bags, But haven't tossed em in yet. I'm not expecting much, I won't complain at $4.18 a bag either. But if they do well, I'll let ya know.
I hope you get to them.....I have been using a bag and a half a day this week....same as Vermont....the ash level looks like it will be a little worse than Somersets....I will have 10 bags through and not need to clean. Bad pellets I need to clean every 6-7 bags.....Somersets 13-14.....Vermont's around 16.

I hope you get to them.....I have been using a bag and a half a day this week....same as Vermont....the ash level looks like it will be a little worse than Somersets....I will have 10 bags through and not need to clean. Bad pellets I need to clean every 6-7 bags.....Somersets 13-14.....Vermont's around 16.

Well with this weather, We might be burning till june this season. Once the night temps get to the lo to mid 30's, I can go to auto/off and I will burn some samples. Dieing to try the Orfords and La Crete's!

Well with this weather, We might be burning till june this season. Once the night temps get to the lo to mid 30's, I can go to auto/off and I will burn some samples. Dieing to try the Orfords and La Crete's!
I tried 6 bags of La Cretes and was not impressed by the amount of ash I got.....they were very small and fed fast so they were hot as hell...which was good because I used them during a cold snap in Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.